Zombie hand reaching out to healthy person for help


If you are in distress, please seek immediate medical care from a hospital emergency room.
You may also followup with substance abuse and mental health counseling through private insurance.


It’s important to seek substance abuse and mental health assessment, referral and counseling if you have used synthetic drugs. If you’re a DC resident, there are two options for help.

For adult over the age of 21, contact:

APRA Assessment and Referral Center (The ARC)
Hours of Operation: 7 a.m. – 6 p.m. 75 P Street, NE Washington, DC 20002 (Intersection of P Street and Florida Ave. Look for the blue awning!)
Telephone: (202) 727-8473
(PLEASE NOTE: Youth clients should not report to The ARC for treatment services. They should contact a youth treatment provider directly.)

For youth, contact a youth assessment and substance abuse treatment provider to schedule an appointment:

Federal City Recovery Services (Ward 6)
316 F Street, NE, Suite 118
(202) 548-8460

Hillcrest Children & Family’s Center (Ward 2)
915 Rhode Island Avenue, NW
(202) 232-6100

Latin American Youth Center (Ward 1)
1419 Columbia Road, NW
(202) 319-2229

A District of Columbia youth under the age of 21 can get help from any of our youth treatment providers through the Adolescent Substance Abuse Treatment Expansion Program (ASTEP). Youth clients should bring proof of DC residency. Contact an ASTEP provider if you have any questions about residency. All of our youth providers accept DC Medicaid and some accept private insurance. However, no District resident will be denied treatment based upon an inability to pay.

For immediate assistance, you may also contact the Department of Behavioral Health 24/7 Help Line at (888)-793-4357, available seven days a week and staffed by mental health care providers with access to a mobile crisis team.